The lecture Hydraulic Engineering, Water Management and Hydraulics provides a basic overview of the aspects of hydraulic engineering and water management including the required fundamentals of applied hydraulics. In loose order to the lecture dates, pre-calculus exercises take place, which present concrete applications for the theoretical knowledge. During the semester, students are required to complete a homework assignment on their own.
The following main topics are dealt with by the Department of Hydraulic Engineering:
- Hydraulic engineering tasks
- Hydraulics in hydraulic engineering (channel hydraulics)
- Currents in hydraulic engineering
- Hydraulic engineering facilities (hydropower)
The following main topics are dealt with by the Department of Engineering Hydrology and Water Management:
- Tasks of engineering hydrology
- Hydrological cycle and water balance
- Measurement methods for precipitation, evaporation, groundwater, water level and runoff
- Statistical methods in hydrology
The in-depth study of the course content takes place in the lectures Hydraulic Engineering I and Engineering Hydrology I.